Several local business offer free or discounted services to families or children with special needs. If you know of any, please let us know!
Because changes are frequently made without notice, please call ahead to make sure the offers are still available before you go.
- Marbles Childrens Museum offers free admission quarterly to families of children with special needs for special after-hours time when the museum is not as busy. Check the TDSN online calendar for specific dates. Usually held in March, June, September and December. Located at 201 E Hargett St, Raleigh. Phone (919) 834 4040
- Jump!Zone in Apex/Cary offers free admission 1st Tuesday of each month to families of children with special needs from 6:30-8:30pm. Located at 2723 NC HWY 55, Cary. Phone (919) 249-7320
- MonkeyJoe's in Fayetteville offers free admission on the 4th Thursday of each month to families of children with Down syndrome from 6-7pm. Located at 102 Westwood Shopping Center, Fayetteville. Phone (910) 423 5637.
- MonkeyJoe's in Raleigh & Cary offers free admission on the 3rd Tuesday of each month to families of children with Down syndrome from 6:30-8pm. Click on the location above for location and contact information for each location.
- Studio Five Dance Company in Fuquay-Varina holds free dance classes for children with special needs on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 12pm-1pm. You do need to call ahead to make a reservation so that they will have enough volunteers to work with the children attending. Located at 7629 Purfoy Road, Suite 113, Fuquay-Varina. Phone (919) 577 9955.
- Holly Springs School of Dance in Holly Springs holds free dance classes for children with special needs on the 1st Saturday of each month from 10am-11am. You do need to call ahead to make a reservation so tha they will have enough volunteers to work with the children attending. Located at 136 Oakhall Drive, Holly Springs. Phone (919) 557 3270.
- NCExchangePost.org is a website that allows you to list or browse others' listings of special needs equipment. Many of these specialty items are very expensive to purchase initially so if you can find one on this site, it will likely be at much reduced cost. This site is sponsored by the NC Partnership for Assistive Technology but they have more than just assistive technology devices listed on their website.